2009-12-18

Rainy India

Written on December 16th, 2009



Fingers and toes are covered and orange with henna. It's raining outside in Kudumam organic farm and I can feel the humidity down to my bones and in the sheets of my bed. Little tamil boy with a bicycle walks past the tractor outside my window. We're listening to blues off Carolin's cellphone, she's on her bed reading her downloaded emails, I'm on my bed trying to write even though it's rather dark due to an electricity blackout. The electricity is bound to come back soon, in the meanwhile the one window I managed to pry open will have to be enough light for now.



I look forward to my travels. Nino has gotten it confirmed that she needs to go to Sri Lanka to extend her VISA and I will accompany her in January. That's quite exciting! Another country!

Soon I'll hopefully be off to Kerala. I've finally admitted to myself that I might need to take it a bit slower, just a tad, as I went over my working hours the last few months, realising I've been working nearly every weekend since 360, save for a week in Amsterdam and at least one week in Switzerland. I actually do need to have just one day as a breather, just one weekend maybe. Otherwise things are rather stable as a matter of fact. I know where I am going and what I need to do and today it makes me happy (as opposed to tired and overwhelmed). I'm going to have fruit everyday in Varkala, and coffee and sun and swimming and reading and writing that damned application and starting my India folder and internet and massages.



The rain drizzles down outside, the humidity creeping in everywhere. I have seen a lot of parts of this country that I think youth when going to India normally do not see. I value and cherish these experiences like a precious gem in my memory.

Using the toilets is becoming easier.

1 kommentar:

Elena sa...

What about the toilets? By the way, you need to update your presentation: you are not longer a student ;)

Love you... a lot!

/Mom