2009-12-18

Goodbye Europe, Starbucks my secret friend and hello Mother India

Written on December 2nd, 2009

I haven't given christmas as much as the slightest thought this year, not really. Here I am, on my way to India, leaving Dornach and Sweden for a comfortable amount of time. Not too long. Not too short. I've been looking forward to this, a lot. Unconsciously I've been ticking off the days till my departure, every hour, almost to the minute.



It's been a funny last day in Europe. I woke up a little confused and still exhausted by Katha banging on the door, telling us to wake up. Twice. Then I got up, even more tired, and sadly acknowledging my urgent need of a shower. Got dressed and went out into Katha's kitchen to put on some music and do the dishes with Firas. We danced in the kitchen and cleaned it rather thoroughly, danced some more, made about 8 pots of coffee and had fried eggs on newly baked bread from around the corner. (Note, I had honey on my bread, not eggs!)



And now I am suddenly at the airport, having what must be my last soylatte for a while. Damn Starbucks and their delicious lattes... So I'm sitting here with my rupees in my pocket, my Indian (rather INDISKA) gear on, waiting for the nervousness to hit me. Part of me is already on the other side of the globe, part of me wants to leave this place, preferably yesterday.

Inga kommentarer: